Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sunday (day eight)


I had extremely low expectations for today. Randy finally had to head back to work, which meant that I was parenting four kids solo for the first time...and doing so for a twenty four hour stretch. Yes, twenty four. Eek.

I had a singular goal for the day: keep the kids, dogs, and house in one (relative) piece.

Mission. Accomplished.

For bonus points I also took a shower, washed some dishes, did a load of laundry, AND made tea for the three littles' tea party. I felt like superwoman.

But every hero has a secret superpower. Today mine was called "the mother-in-law who replenished the empty pantry's breakfast foods, took the boys out so that the girls could nap, and then made dinner for everyone."

Okay, so my mother-in-law is the true superwoman. But I did still meet my goal, thank you very much.



No comments:

Post a Comment